(Subject to change depending upon conditions at the time)
- Day 1: Depart Newark Airport at 4:35 p.m.
- Day 2: Arrive in Israel at 10:15 a.m, drive up the coast to Caesarea and then on to the Carmel Caves. We will spend our first night in Netanya.
- Day 3:We continue north to the magnificent site of Megiddo aka Armageddon. Next we journey along the Eastern Coast of the Sea of Galilee and Capernaum where we will visit the homes of Peter, James and John. From there, we travel to Korazim, one of the cities cursed by Jesus because of their rejection of him. We travel on to Tiberius where we will stay for the evening.
- Day 4: From Tiberius we travel to Gamla, the northern Masada fortified by Josephus and destroyed by Vespasian and his son, Titus. From Gamla, we continue along the Golan Heights to Mt. Hermon and descend to the headwaters of the Jordan River at Banias. From Banias, we continue to Tel Dan, the northern limits of Israel in ancient times and continue down the Hula Valley to Hazor and return to Tiberius for our second night there.
- Day 5: From Tiberius, we will travel to Sepphoris, the home of Mary and Joseph. Next, we will journey to Beit She'arim (House of Gates) the ancient necropolis, burial place of Rabbi Judah (the president of the Sanhedrin who codified the Mishna) and many other famous people of his day. From Beit She'arim we will continue on to the site of Beit She'an, one of the most significant archaeological sites in Israel today. Return to the Tiberius hotel for the night.
- Day 6: Today we journey down the Jordan Valley to the Crusader Fortress of Belvoir, also known as the Star of the Jordan. From Belvoir we will continue down the Jordan Valley to Qumran and visit the community where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. We continue on to the Dead Sea where we will spend the night.
- Day 7: Today we will travel to the fortress of Masada and following our visit there, we will make our way to Ein Gedi on the Dead Sea. We can then opt to climb up the Wadi David to the waterfall and the caves where David hid from Saul. Continue to Jerusalem and our hotel, The Dan Panorama.
- Day 8: Begin our day at the Mount of Olives and enjoy the beautiful panorama of the Temple Mount and the city of Jerusalem. Afterwards, we will enter the Old City at the Dung Gate and visit the Western Wall and the excavations at the Temple Mount. Next, we will visit the Dome of the Rock and walk the Via Dolorosa, exiting the city at the Damascus Gate.
- Day 9: We will begin our visit at the Shrine of the Book where the Dead Sea Scrolls are housed. We will also visit the Model of Jerusalem as it was at the time of Herod Agrippa, circa 66 CE. If possible, we will visit Bethlehem, then onto Herodian, and the recently discovered Tomb of Herod the Great.
- Day 10: We continue our visit in Jerusalem at Mt. Zion, David's tomb, the room of the Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey. We will then proceed to the City of David and the Tunnel of Hezekiah before returning to the hotel.
- Day 11: From the hotel, we will enter the Old City at the Jaffa Gate, visit the Citadel, and walk to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. We will walk to the Jewish Quarter and visit the Wohl Archaeological Museum and return to the hotel for an early meal before we ride to the airport for a late departure back to Newark.
We hope that you can join us for this exciting adventure. Because of our itinerary and the price and leadership involved, we expect the program to fill up fast. If you are interested in joining us, you will need to send your reservation and deposit of $200 immediately, along with a copy of the registration form and your passport to Mr. Dan Tagger, Canaan Tours, P.O. Box 488, Middle Island, NY, 11953-0488.
We have gone to extra lengths to see that your itinerary is both unique and comprehensive. We hope you can join us on this special program.